Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Celebrity Obsessions Peaking

What's up with the incredible increase in celebrity obsession? Has anyone noticed that we learn more about the lives of a handful of select famous-faces (ranging A-D on the celeb scale because gossip is never prejudice) than we do about our own families? I find it alarming that the media is more concerned with the newest person to grace Paris Hilton's beef list 2008 or where Cameron Diaz ate lunch last Wednesday. I realize this discussion lies on the borders of hypocrisy considering the fact that I am sitting here perpetuating the cycle of surreality obsession. But, my intention is to facet a better understanding as to why I have chosen to keep up with a blog on celebrity gossip rather than any one of a multitude of other topics more worthy of a person's time. Such as the following topics being explored by my classmates:In fact, this is a post long overdue, and which probably should have been my first one. Well, I think I have figured it out. My life is boring and real news is either depressing or uninteresting. My stomach tightens and my eyes water when I sit and attempt to watch what is going on in the world. So, of course it is much more fun to watch, read, and laugh at the seemingly perfect lives of celebrities either fall apart or get destroyed. Then again, there is such thing as a nice gossip, but that wouldn't be any fun would it?

No comments:

Richard Gere and I

Richard Gere and I