Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Opps she does it again...or did she?

Well, if you haven't already started to feel bad for Britney Spears, this may be your chance to feel like a sympathetic celebrity stalker. The 26-year-old pop star has been ordered by a court to receive a series of mental examinations to determine if she is able to fully understand her current legal position, including her on-going custody battle with ex-husband K-Fed. Personally, I think the poor woman should have had somebody give her a psyche evaluation when she married Kevin Federline and then proceeded to have two kids with him. Or, maybe somebody should have called her out when she shaved all her hair off, attacked a car with an umbrella, or when she got the silent cricket treatment at her hideous lip-syncing performance in a way-too-tight ensemble that would normally cause the FCC to switch to censor and fee mode. I used to think that she simply enjoyed the attention she received. I mean, didn't somebody once say that any publicity is good publicity?



But, lately my opinion on the whole Britney thing has somewhat changed. The more and more I hear about her check-ins to rehab and the fact that she locked herself in a room with her son so that he wouldn't be taken away from her makes me feel sad for the singer. Anybody can say that she is crazy, but, lately, I see her as a mother who just doesn't want to lose her children and I don't believe her actions constitute her as crazy. It seems like so many people are quick to attack her with reference to the fact that she has lived a life of luxury and deserves the scrutiny she gets. Well, maybe this is true, but she is still a mother and while she had more luxuries than most teens, she didn't really have an actual childhood; and for that, I pity her. Add company to the madness and you have her oddly involved manager Sam Lutfi, who was recently issued a restraining order under charges that he was drugging Britney, setting her up for paparazzi attacks and taking control of all her finances. Now, her parents are in charge of Britney's assets and are taking Lutfi to court. I think it is about time that her family stood up and took her situation seriously. I feel that it is partly their fault for letting Britney dig herself into a doomed marriage and lousy management. I really hope that her time in the rehab center, the medical evaluations and the now primary attention from her parents will help her gain control of her life, and maybe even her kids. I mean, Kevin Federline: "Father of The Year?" Now who's crazy?

No comments:

Richard Gere and I

Richard Gere and I