Friday, April 4, 2008

Move over for Mandy, Miley

What's up with the best new show to hit YouTube? Well, the Miley and Mandy Show, like of course!!



Okay, so I really couldn't get through this blog without bringing up a post on Miley Rae Cyrus. The 15-year-old girl is always in the news, most recently for changing her legal name of Destiny Hope Cyrus to the current. She also happens to be the center of one of my best friend's greatest obsessions, and my best friend is 22.

But, the real story here isn't necessarily little miss Miley, but her friend Mandy. While Miley is an underage hottie making people laugh, Mandy is of legal age, 21 years to be exact, and posing pictures on the internet that would make people question why she isn't on television yet. Miley herself had some "controversial" pictures that popped up online a few months ago, but these were merely cute pictures of herself in a bathing suit that any 15-year-old girl would take.

I suppose the real issue here is "influence."

Many people probably believe that Miley supports her friend for putting such seductive pictures of herself online. My response? Who cares? How many girls out there put pictures of herself online in some sexy type of pose, wishing she were a model? I think it was smart of Mandy, actually, because she was able to get the attention she needs from the show her and ultra famous best friend Miley, put online.
The pictures that are circulating will only make sure she gets center stage long enough to get a deal of her own, perhaps a stint on Hannah Montana? I say, get over it already. At least she isn't touching herself inappropriately or getting DUIs.

No comments:

Richard Gere and I

Richard Gere and I