Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What's a little sex between friends?

What's up with rumors of a steamy sex scene between longtime actor friends John Leguizamo and Rosie Perez?

Well, the two nominated actors will be appearing in a new movie entitled "The Take" in which Leguizamo plays an armored car driver named Felix whose life is ruined when he is shot in the head during a heist. Felix returns home to his wife, played by Perez, and the couple's son, but suffers from brain damage and becomes obsessed with hunting down the gunman, who is played by actor Tyrese Gibson.

In the movie, Leguizamo and Perez have a sex scene that is said to be pretty intense. While Leguizamo called the scene "the illest," Perez had a differentt perspective. The actress was quoted to say

"I respect him [Leguizamo] so much and he respects me so much. I know his wife, he knew my husband and introduced me to my boyfriend. It was very awkward. Like brother and sister having to do a sex scene."



It makes me wonder, after seeing this quote from Perez, whether or not the sex scene will be believable between the two actors. If Perez felt awkwardness emulating from their scene then how could the awkwardness be hidden on film? While both actors are extremely talented, especially Leguizamo, as he is one of my favorites actors, I have my doubts on the chemistry that will exist between the two on screen. I suppose only time will tell, or just the sex.

No comments:

Richard Gere and I

Richard Gere and I