Thursday, March 20, 2008

Britney's Back?

What's up with Britney Spears making a guest appearance on the popular CBS show, "How I met your Mother?" Well, the pop singer is confirmed to appear on the show starting March 24 as a receptionist in a dermatology office. Her character, Abby, is a sweet-natured (I wonder if Britney can pull that off without chewing gum) girl with a larger-than-life crush on a guy named Ted, who just doesn't seem to want anything to do with her.



Personally, I think it is wonderful that Spears is getting her life back on track. Ever since her parents, namely her father, have taken over her assets and gotten rid of that terrible, blood-sucking, and money-sucking, manager of hers, her life has progressed better than we have seen in the past 4 years. Of course, with every Britney Spears performance comes a level of controversy. The upcoming guest appearance of Spears on the show has caused Clueless and Batman and Robin star, Alicia Silverstone, to drop out of her own appearance on the show. !E news quoted an anonymous star as saying,


“She [Silverstone] knows that everyone would be going out of their way to look after Britney, and it would be so chaotic nobody would look after her."
http://www.popcrunch.com/britney-spears-alicia-silverstone-how-i-met-your-mother-drop-out/

While I suppose I can understand why Silverstone would refuse to share air time with Spears as she attempts, once again, to bounce back into good favors, I don't think it is in Silverstone's best interest to be picky on the gigs that she keeps, considering we haven't seen much of her since, what, a guest stint on Beauty Shop? I mean, technically, both Spears and Silverstone are attempting the same thing here, only Silverstone's career hasn't been interrupted yet by crazy marriages and haircuts. But, at least Spears has stayed in the limelight in some aspect. I suppose that is why it wasn't that difficult for the producers of "How I Met Your Mother" to replace Silverstone with Scrubs star Sarah Chalke.

A few clips on Spears' performance on "How I Met Your Mother" have been circulating the Internet, with mainly positive feedback. Personally, I think her comedic performance is well-done, considering. Check it out for yourself and let me know what your opinion is.



No comments:

Richard Gere and I

Richard Gere and I