Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Eminem...and A and B and C

What's up with rapper Eminem writing a memoir? Well, apparently Slim Shady has crawled out of his parental hole just long enough to announce that he plans on releasing an autobiography that will detail specific aspects of his personal life unbeknown to the public. What I am wondering, is what else of his life is left for him to talk about? His songs pretty much speak for themselves, detailing his hatred for his (ex)wife, the fact that he loves his perfect angel of a daughter more than life itself, how his mother was the devil, oh and that it is isn't his fault when kids take his songs meaning the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I love Eminem's music. I think he is a genius, in fact. But, for a man who has made his millions writing songs about the horrifically sad details of his rapperlicious life on the 8-mile side, to come out and say that he will be writing a book on these very same horrific facts bothers me.


http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/28/eminem_lead_narrowweb__300x376,0.jpg

Can't people just go out and buy his albums, at least that way it is narrated and they don't have to read anything. I think this whole writing a memoir fad before the age of forty really needs to stop. Celebrities already live day-by-day with the knowledge that the world is obsessed with knowing all of the facts and specifics of these celebrities lives. I say that unless you have something important to say, then give it a rest already. Sorry Marshal Mathers, it's not that I'm not interested. I just feel like I already know everything about you. If there is more to say, then that either frightens me or annoys me, though I don't know which is worse. Well, who am I kidding. I will probably end up reading it anyways.

No comments:

Richard Gere and I

Richard Gere and I